Thursday, December 14, 2017

Touch Me!!?? 

With all of these cases of "sexual harassment" I feel the need to say something. 

#1    When I was eleven, my mother worked at a place where a grown man would make comments to me like "you gonna go stand on the street corner and wink at boys." He would say this after I'd gotten my hair done. 

#2   One time he did this, made this comment or something else and when he left, the woman who adopted me slapped my face.  She felt I didn't smile like I should when a man makes a comment like that, after all I wouldn't want to offend him. 

#3   A man from my father's work would ask me "how would you feel waking up next to me in the morning."  I was under ten years old.  He said this repeatedly.  The woman who adopted me would laugh.  I actually tried to imagine that scenario.  This man, I can't call him a man, this "person" was about 6'3 and 400 lbs.  I was never scared, I just knew I didn't like him nor those comments. 

#4  When I was in the back lane, this boy screamed "pull her pants down."  I was a fast runner so I outran that mob and went home.

#5    Oh yeah, I can't forget the rape by a stalker. 


Of course these are upsetting!  I guess I am most upset by --- I can't even say.  Would I sue someone? Fuck no!  Maybe I should sue the Social Service Agency that allowed me to be adopted by such a fucked in the head woman and man.  My father was a good man.  ---- Look up the book & movie "The Comfort of Strangers." 

If a man at work hits me on the ass will I sew 20 years later?  NO.  If that same man told me I'd better give him a blow job or I wouldn't get a promotion then I'd definitely do something about it.  I am only speaking from my viewpoint. 

#5---actually the stalking.  What upsets me the most is the man and woman who adopted me knew about it and did nothing.  I was 18 and terrified.  I wanted to go someplace anyplace.  Later, I saw the records and that BOY said that he was going to get a gun and come to my house.  Now would I be afraid of that?  NO.  I've been suicidal since I was 7.  No, I wouldn't want to be shot.  Typing this now, I realize how my apathy about my own existence developed.  My apathy about my own life didn't stem from this event but it didn't help.  IF MY CHILD EVER WERE STALKED OR HAD A PROBLEM WITH BULLYING I WOULD DO EVERYTHING IN MY POWER TO STOP IT.  I WOULD NOT ALLOW MY CHILD TO GO THROUGH THIS WITHOUT ME BEING BY THEIR SIDE AT SCHOOL OR HIRING SOMEONE TO DO THAT!  There are so many suicides.  I was bullied in school also.   I won't even go into it. People used to say that children who were home schooled miss out on "socialization." Bullshit!  I WISH I would have been home schooled.  

I applaud the woman who have the courage to come forth.  I hope things work out how you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment